A look at DynamoDB Key’s.
Today, coming primarily from a MySQL background, I realized that choosing the right DynamoDB data structure requires some thinking. Here are some things I wish had been clearer before I started:
- In an Express.js Application, I am trying to access all the records from DynamoDB table.
- I am following the Node.js documentation for Query’s.
- Keep coming across a database error about keys. Unable to access any data.
For the sake of this situation, let us imagine that we are creating a table in our DynamoDB database which will hold Tweets from different users.
We should be able to:
- Loop through the Tweets of a specific user in chronological order.
- Get a specific Tweet from a user.
Image from the AWS blog.
What is the Primary Key?
A unique identifier which identifies a single record in the database. This Primary Key is the combination of the Partition Key and Sort...
Continue reading →